The top 10 reasons why I don't use real bunnies for my Easter LiTE Sessions. I think this is why sessions have dipped in the past and not everyone knows the facts about being around bunnies. I used to feed them on our farm in East Texas every single morning. It took a long time for them to even let you pet them and warm up to you. They are very skittish animals and their poor little heart rate jumps up quickly.
10. Bunnies pee and poop...a lot.
9. Bunnies bite.
8. Bunnies scratch like crazy if they aren't being held securely.
7. Children accidentally torture animals because they tend to not know at such a young age that a bunnies ears are indeed attached to the body.
6. Some bunnies have diseases.
5. Bunnies don't like to be bothered and they rarely look at the camera. Fake bunnies do what I want and stay where I set them down.
4. It's against the law to use real bunnies unless it is the client's pet. How many of you actually have pet bunnies? That's what I thought. :)
3. I'm allergic, and it's why we got rid of our 20+ pet bunnies when I was a kid. They were the pretty, all white with red eyes. I loved those bunnies. When I'm around bunnies I start sneezing and get instant migraines and that is not a good combo for photography sessions.
2. Fake Bunnies let me capture more images because they aren't upsetting the little ones. No child likes to be ignored, peed on, bit, or scratched.
1. Did I mention it was against the law?! Do you want to know what the fine could be?!? $10,000.00!!! Mamacita that is a lot of moolah! There's something about getting a permit but I wouldn't chance it, they still carry diseases.