Have you seen my new headshot? I love everything about this image. But I already got new glasses with the encouragement of my husband and the are completely different than what I have on in the portrait. Such is life. Always changing...for the better!
Like, fan, and follow KOP to get updates in your feeds! Click the images below to go to the KOP profiles! Sometimes there will contests, prizes and giveaways on our social media accounts. Don't miss out on any announcements or updates as well!
The top 10 reasons why I don't use real bunnies for my Easter LiTE Sessions. I think this is why sessions have dipped in the past and not everyone knows the facts about being around bunnies. I used to feed them on our farm in East Texas every single morning. It took a long time for them to even let you pet them and warm up to you. They are very skittish animals and their poor little heart rate jumps up quickly.
10. Bunnies pee and poop...a lot.
9. Bunnies bite.
8. Bunnies scratch like crazy if they aren't being held securely.
7. Children accidentally torture animals because they tend to not know at such a young age that a bunnies ears are indeed attached to the body.
6. Some bunnies have diseases.
5. Bunnies don't like to be bothered and they rarely look at the camera. Fake bunnies do what I want and stay where I set them down.
4. It's against the law to use real bunnies unless it is the client's pet. How many of you actually have pet bunnies? That's what I thought. :)
3. I'm allergic, and it's why we got rid of our 20+ pet bunnies when I was a kid. They were the pretty, all white with red eyes. I loved those bunnies. When I'm around bunnies I start sneezing and get instant migraines and that is not a good combo for photography sessions.
2. Fake Bunnies let me capture more images because they aren't upsetting the little ones. No child likes to be ignored, peed on, bit, or scratched.
1. Did I mention it was against the law?! Do you want to know what the fine could be?!? $10,000.00!!! Mamacita that is a lot of moolah! There's something about getting a permit but I wouldn't chance it, they still carry diseases.
Last week I tried the whole "forward your email to your phone" idea and lets say that it didn't work. I wanted to free up time spent at the computer but that's not what happened. Some emails went to my phone and some went to my computer and I still have to check to see if anything was left on the server. Don't you just love technology. So, if you are waiting on an email from me, I will be working on it asap. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
Today I want to feature a design for a wedding album. With October approaching and being crowned one of the biggest months of the year to get married in during the year. For this wedding I journeyed up to Northwest Arkansas and photographed such a beautiful day for the lovely couple. Here is an album layout from beginning to end.
Wedding albums can be different sizes and have so many cover options. Below is a finished cover option available with the close up of the spine and page assembly.
The KOP Baby Bee Program:
By now you may have all seen my FB cover image for the KOP Fan Page. I have always wanted the different segments of my photography to have their own special program to keep that part of KOP unique from other photographers in the Arlington area. I have changed a few things to make the name "KOP Baby Bees" become more noticeable as the new name for the maternity and newborn session program. Now until the end of the year when you sign up for the KOP Baby Bee program, you will receive a LiTE Gender Reveal Session. The LiTE Session is one outfit with one concept for the gender reveal, i.e., Balloons, glitter, props, confetti etc.
The KOP Baby Bee program includes the Maternity and Newborn session photography, 11x14 mounted portrait, 2 gift prints and 25-5x7 birth announcements for $750.00+tax. If you have just found out that you are pregnant and want to sign up for the KOP Baby Bee program, please give me a call and we talk about what to expect, outfit changes, and what to do after the baby is born. This is the time of your life that trumps all else, while graduating and getting married were incredible, being a mom is by far the most important role you will ever have. Cherish this time with beautiful portraits for your home and the baby's room.
In the last year I have felt that a lot has changed for the better for KOP! We launched a new website that I love, I changed the name of the "mini" theme sessions to KOP LiTE Sessions and last week I moved the blog over here to my website permanently.
With this first entry in the "Get to know KOP" series I want to touch on the topic of what does a full session look like. Posts on the blog from session will generally feature a few of the images from different poses and my favorite shots. This will help you to know what to expect from the session and answer questions about how many outfits? How many poses? How many smiling/serious? How many places can we go for the session? For this engagement session there are a lot of different combinations to choose from for the portrait package, albums, and wall galleries. It's all in there....fun, posed, and silly!!
What are some questions you might have to get to know KOP better? I would love to add it to my series! You can email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Come back soon, Kelly
Welcome to the new spot of the KOP Blog: inside the artistry! You can see the archives here, but starting 7-1-2014...today...this is the new home for the Blog. I'm excited to have everything all in one place.